Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bosses make productivity go down


My early learning on the jobs was, "Bosses make productivity go down".

When boss is on leave the productivity goes up by double.

Surprisingly, but Bosses do interrupt tooo often to know something that they are in disconnect with, as not involved directly and can get into dis-comfortable situation if things fail, they have no much control over you if they do not disturb you to know what is happening, a dozen times in a day.


Bosses are afraid and doers are disturbed.
Bosses seek control for to be in charge of their fate, and Doers seek the  empowerment to let them do the things.

We are busy doing things and bosses are busy worrying what are we doing.

To cut their worry they must interrupt us while we are doing the things, and worry what pace we are on to.

Oh god how am I supposed to do anything if you break my flow that frequently.

It is not you don’t trust me, but you have feared that I will not tell you early enough if things are heading towards an uncontrollable mess progressively.

Why will I, I am busy doing, hell, I need to "do it" to stop it heading towards the mess. Please stop resetting my flow so often.

Dear boss, more information gives you sense of in control, but are you really in control?

I know things, little less than you, may be, but I am the first person to deal with real things than someone like you who is fed with secondary or tertiary information status from so many, sucked so often.

Bosses got to let people find out the "How" part if they have decided and communicated the "What" part.

And sometimes let decide the What part also.

When boss is absent, the productivity of the day is super duper!

My dear boss if you want good results, please pretend to be on leave, I don't mind if you feel bad about you are not doing anything worth for your paycheck,...but things will be delivered better and... faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment